Monday, February 18, 2008

Welcome to DC One Timer- Why?

I’m a Caps fan...just like you....


I went to my first game against the Bruins when I was 9....and that was just the beginning for me....


Although I have only been apart of the second half of this franchise's history, I have seen a lot...


I stayed up that night (or morning) to see the Caps lose to the Penguins...


I stayed up to see Juneau put the puck past Hasek for our team’s greatest moment...


I was lucky enough to see the end of the Secretary Rod Langaway’s career....


I grew up during the Bonzai domination years....Remember, Jesus Saves....and Bondra puts in the rebound....


I felt the same way all of you did during the fire sale, the lockout, and the rebuild...I remember what it was like to see Kono and Bonzai in different jerseys...


And here we are now...The Ovechkin Era...maybe it’s still the rebuild era...maybe it’s the “Young Guns” Era...maybe it's the Boudreau era...I don’t know....


What I do know...something special is happening here in D.C...


If DC ever had it’s shot to become a hockey town...it is now...


That’s why I am here...to write...to put my opinions and thoughts out there...to join the community of bloggers like JP, on frozen, caps blueline, cheapseats and fans that love this team just like I do.


I don’t know if anyone will get anything from this site...but I will enjoy writing on it...


I don't like Sid, I don't like Jagr, I don't like Briere... I can’t stand Buffalo fans and oh yea....I hate the Pittsburgh Penguins....


I’m a Caps fan...just like you


______________________________________________

No comments: