Monday, February 25, 2008

Where in the world is Jim Carey?


IT'S A DC ONE TIMER CONTEST!


Who doesn't remember Jim Carey the Net Detective?


He was my FAVORITE player growing up and the day he was traded I literally cried. My parents saw the cover of the sports page and sat me down and broke the news.  I know...lame.



From Wiki:

  • Carey had a very short NHL career, but he skyrocketed to stardom with his brilliant play. 

  • As quickly as Carey gained his star status, though, it seemed to disappear, as he was traded in a blockbuster deal to the Boston Bruins in the 1996-97 season though he was never able to match his brilliant play as a Capital. 

  • His confidence on the decline, he played two seasons with the Bruins, then signed on with the St. Louis Blues, only to play in four games without any significant accomplishments. 

  • He played two games with the IHL Cincinnati Cyclones where he suffered an inner ear concussion 
  • He never played again.
_________
 So, I am having a CONTEST

  • The person who can tell me what Jim Carey is currently doing with proof (say an article) wins a 25.00 gift certificate to NHL.com

  • If no one can find out what he is currently doing, the person with the FUNNIEST IDEA of where he is wins.

  • I will post the funny ideas on the site as I get them.


__________________

No comments: