“Bruce came in and talked after the game and said ‘You know what, from now on we’re just going to win.’ It’s as simple as that. I don’t think anybody thinks we’re out of it yet.”
Just win is right. I think it's safe to say we should see some desperate hockey from this team, I mean uber desperate. If not, they may need to check their pulses.
- Huet's new helmet is in but won't be using it until Friday.
- Backstrom feels bad for his teammates.
- Ted came down to hug Backstrom and saw Semin naked. He does not like the Ovechkam.
- Rumors had it that Clark was playing Wednesday-might be next week now.
- As said above, Kolzig is playing Wed. It's safe to say Fri and Sun will be Mr.Huet.
SUPER POSITIVE OPTIMISTIC POST OF THE DAY
If the Caps are going to get back into this, they need some teams to lose. And while everyone is pretty negative right now please consider this.
If Carolina loses Wed and Friday and the Caps beat Calgary and Atlanta this week; The Caps will be only 3 points behind Carolina with 1 game in hand and two games left against them. OR if Philly loses tonight and tomorrow and the Caps beat Calgary and Atlanta they will only be 2 points behind Philly for the 8th seed.
Yes, it's a lot to ask. But, it's something that could definitely happen.
With the long rant today there is no gameday preview. Make sure you check out JP, Cheap Seats, Caps Blueline, Peerless and the rest for in depth coverage of the Caps/Flames and the debut of Ovechkam.